Welcome! We are so glad you are interested in learning more about Whitefield Academy and how to become part of our community. Before you apply formally, if you have not already visited our campus, your first step is to contact our Admissions Director.
Following your visit:
- Complete an online application and submit it with the non-refundable enrollment and assessment fees. Enrollment opens March 1 but applications may be submitted prior to that date.
- Send via email, fax or US mail: copies of standardized test scores and report cards from the past two years, if applicable.
- If your child is entering Pre-Kindergarten, Transitional Kindergarten, or Kindergarten, send a copy of his or her birth certificate.
- If you are seeking financial aid for tuition we recommend the application for financial aid be made soon after the application for admission.
We use FAST to process financial aid applications. FAST will review all applications and notify the Whitefield Academy Financial Aid Committee of their aid award calculation. The committee will then, in turn, notify the family of the aid award. The process takes approximately two weeks once tax information of the applicant has been verified as correct by FAST. Families then have two weeks to accept or reject the financial aid offer; they may accept by signing the tuition agreement.
After your Application…
- Student Assessment: The school office will contact you within two school days of receipt of enrollment application to schedule the assessment.
- Parent-Headmaster Meeting: After the student assessment has been completed and processed, the Admissions Director will contact you to schedule this meeting. Final decisions regarding student acceptance and grade level are made by the Headmaster after the Parent–Headmaster Interview is completed.
- Letter of Acceptance: Parents will be notified in a timely manner in writing of an admissions decision. Parents will receive three forms: a Transfer of Records in order to obtain records from the student’s previous school, a Standard Consent and Release form, and a Health History form.
- Tuition Agreement: This contract is sent via email after forms have been returned to Whitefield Academy. If a FAST financial aid application is in process, the tuition agreement will be delayed until notification of aid award or non-award. A signed tuition agreement holds the student’s place in the class.
- Enrollment: Enrollment is not considered final until above forms and signed tuition agreement are received.