Statement of Faith
Whitefield Academy: A Kansas City Christian School
Whitefield Academy is a self-consciously Christian school founded, governed, administered, and staffed by men and women dedicated to the proposition that, “The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge” (Proverbs 1:7). Basic to this “fear of the Lord” is an understanding of who God is and who we are in relation to Him—something indispensable in a truly Christian education, as well as all of life.
We believe that the Christian faith is foundational to every aspect of life and thought. Classes are taught with the appreciation that every concept, fact, or theory we teach must have as its basic presupposition that the inerrant Scriptures truthfully reveal the Sovereign Creator God. Thus no area of study can be abstracted from the Christian faith.
Our students, who come from across the spectrum of traditions, find our Bible classes and chapel services uplifting and affirming, while challenging them to a faithful Christian life in which Christ is preeminent.
- The Bible to be the only inerrant, authoritative word of God
- That there is one totally sovereign God, eternally existent in three Persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
- In the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory
- That for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary
- That salvation is by grace through faith alone
- That faith without works is dead
- In the present ministry of the Holy Spirit whose indwelling at the moment of salvation enables the Christian to live a godly life
- In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: they that are saved to the resurrection of life and they that are lost to the resurrection of judgement
- In the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ
A fuller explanation of our views of Faith and Practice are found in our Parent & Student Handbook.